Nick joined the medical malpractice and class actions groups in 2018.
His practice focuses on assisting victims of medical malpractice. He also represents plaintiffs in provincial and national class actions involving pharmaceuticals, pathology errors, product liability, defective medical devices, institutional abuse and environmental contamination.
Originally from Saint John, NB, Nick received his law degree from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in 2017. He was on the Dean’s List, won the Clifford Rae Achievement Award (2015-2017), and was awarded prizes for the highest marks in contract law, jurisprudence, and health law. Nick also won the JSD Tory Writing Award for the best paper of the 2017 academic year. He has published several peer-reviewed articles, including a paper for the Cambridge University Press which has been cited in a leading legal textbook.
Nick went on to complete his Masters of Law at the Schulich School of Law, receiving a full scholarship and the George C. Thompson Fellowship in Law. He clerked for the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia during his legal studies and participated in the Smith Shield, the most prestigious moot at the Schulich School of Law.
Nick has completed his articles with Wagners and was called to the Bar in Nova Scotia in June 2019.
Prior to attending law school, Nick obtained a Bachelor of Arts in English. He is an avid reader, runner, and baseball fan.
- Nova Scotia, 2019 (prospective)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Masters of Law, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2018
- Juris Doctor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2017
- Dean’s List, 2015-17
- Student Clerkship Program, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, 2016
- JSD Tory Writing Award, 2017
- Leonard Kitz, QC, Prize, 2017
- Robert Samek Memorial Prize, 2017
- Rozovsky Health Law and Policy Paper Prize
- Clifford Rae Achievement Award, 2015-17
- Class of 1958 Law Prize, 2015