Wagners is an established personal injury firm based in Nova Scotia. With decades of experience, we represent individuals injured due to the negligence of another. Our lawyers represent injured persons in Windsor, Nova Scotia and throughout the Maritime Provinces.
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Windsor, Nova Scotia. Car Accident Lawyers.
Being injured in a motor vehicle accident can be a traumatic and life changing experience. You may be unfamiliar with your rights, what your options are for coverage and what litigation could be available to you. Wagners represents individuals in Windsor, Nova Scotia, who have suffered all types of injuries.
If you find yourself involved in a motor vehicle accident, remember to do the following:
- Confirm if you or another person involved in the motor vehicle accident requires medical attention; and, if so, call 911.
- Document and photograph the angles of the vehicles and the destruction of the vehicles if it is safe to exit your vehicle.
- Notify the police of those injured in the motor vehicle accident. Report the accident if the vehicular damage appears to exceed $2,000, if you are unclear as to who is liable for the crash, or if there are concerns a Motor Vehicle Act violation or Criminal Code charge has occurred.
- Document the following information about the other driver involved in the motor vehicle accident:
- The driver’s name, address, year/make/model of the vehicle, license plate number, and insurance details
- The car owner’s name and address
- Obtain the name of the investigating officer and the number of the accident report if the police are called to investigate. Obtain contact information of any witnesses as well.
- Pursue medical assistance.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Contact a lawyer if injured due to the motor vehicle accident, even if your injuries appear minor. Minor injuries can worsen in time. Doing so can help you know the options available to you. Wagners offers free consultations to individuals in Windsor who have suffered personal injury due to the negligence of another.
Medical Malpractice in Windsor, Nova Scotia
Patients expect their medical professionals to be competent when providing care; though accidents and mistakes do occur. When a medical professional’s services fall below the accepted standard of care, a medical malpractice injury can occur.
Wagners is an experienced law firm that has represented, with compassion and knowledge, individuals and families injured by medical negligence.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury due to a medical professional’s mistake, call Wagners for a free initial consultation.
Wrongful Death in Windsor, Nova Scotia
When a loved one dies due to the negligent act or omission of another individual or organization, surviving family members may bring a wrongful death or fatality claim. Compensation for loss of care, guidance and companionship, out of pocket expenses related to the wrongful death (such as funeral expenses and travel expenses) and lost wages are often pursued on behalf of the surviving family members.
The limitation period for wrongful death claims is less than that for most other negligence claims in Nova Scotia. It is imperative that you speak with a lawyer if you believe you may have a wrongful death lawsuit to ensure you are aware of your options for legal recourse. For over 30 years, Wagners has represented families who have lost family members. Please give our office a call if you have any questions related to the loss of a loved one.
Slip and Fall Injuries in Windsor, Nova Scotia
The Nova Scotia Occupiers’ Liability Act applies to individuals injured on another person’s property. The Act states an occupier (an owner and/or operator of a property) has a duty to assure another person that his or her property is reasonably safe.
If an occupier has not protected against dangers on his or her property, he or she could be acting unreasonably.
Slip and fall injuries can occur in all types of locations: a public sidewalk, house or apartment, at work, in a store, at a playground etc….
For over three decades, Wagners has represented individuals involved in both trip and fall and slip and fall accidents in Winsor, Nova Scotia and throughout the Maritime Provinces.
Birth Injuries in Windsor, Nova Scotia
Medical negligence can have a profound impact on a newborn. Birth injuries due to medical negligence can include cerebral palsy, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, brachial plexus injuries, erb’s palsy and shoulder dystocia. The long-term consequences of birth trauma injuries can include significant medical care costs. Wagners represents individuals with birth trauma injuries in Windsor and throughout Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Provinces. Canadian Lawyer Magazine voted Wagners as a Top 10 Personal Injury Boutique law firm in Canada.
If your newborn has suffered a birth injury due to a medical error, please call our office for a free consultation.
Initial Consultations Are Free Of Charge
You can reach Wagners’ team by calling 902-425-7330 or toll free at 1-800-465-8794, or by completing a short online contact form. There are no obligations to retain us if you do call our office and our consultations are free of charge.